Talk

Advanced search

Recycling/donating an old TV

(8 Posts)
milkmoustache Thu 04-Jan-18 14:07:19

We have finally upgraded to a flat screen TV, but have a chunky, 30" deep/22" wide old Panasonic on offer. It works perfectly and I would really like someone else to have some use out of it. Emmaus don't take pre-flatscreen TVs, and I have heard that they don't shift easily on Freecycle. Any good ideas?

BlueChampagne Thu 11-Jan-18 13:40:26

You could ask the Salvation Army shop on Mill Road? And at least Freecycle is free to try - you might get lucky.

milkmoustache Thu 11-Jan-18 14:50:28

It's been on Freecycle all week, no interest, a computer recycling place won't take it for scrap, looks like it's destined for the tip - shame.

BlueChampagne Fri 12-Jan-18 09:38:25

That's a shame. Have you tried British Heart Foundation on East Road? Homeless hostel (Jimmy's, Wintercomfort, Link House)?

TheSpottedZebra Fri 12-Jan-18 09:40:10

It probably will end up at the tip, but at least the wiring etc will be stripped out.
I don't think there is much demand at all for old style box tvs unfortunately.

milkmoustache Sat 13-Jan-18 16:01:33

Jimmy's or similar is a great idea. Have had a definite 'no' from BH foundation and a computer recycling place don't want it either.

milkmoustache Tue 16-Jan-18 12:27:04

Thanks to Blue champagne! Jimmy's are really pleased to re-home my TV - result!

BlueChampagne Wed 17-Jan-18 13:04:49

Lucky guess - but pleased for you and Jimmy's.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: