Talk

Advanced search

Makaton using,special needs baby sitter required

(3 Posts)
fjgarvey85 Mon 01-Jan-18 20:12:49

I've been searching online for a baby sitter for my four and a half year old son. He has NF1 with associated benign brain tumours with autism and speech difficulties. He uses Makaton.
It's obviously very important for my son to have someone to be able to properly communicate with using Makaton, as it's also very important for him to have someone whom has an understanding and experience of dealing with autism and extra needs.

He is very sweet,loving and kind and tries very hard to be a good boy. He is extremely out going and overly confident,trying to get involved and be the same as his peers... (even though his social skills aren't great and other children usually don't know what to make of him!)

If anybody knows of anyone near Harpenden who are ofstead registered and are crb checked and can use Makaton please send them my way.
Thanks

dontcallmethatyoucunt Tue 02-Jan-18 19:10:11

Have you tried posting on 'Harpenden parents Network' Facebook page or 'St Albans Mums' FB page? Usually a great source of info.

KingIrving Mon 15-Jan-18 23:07:20

I am totally off topic, but I wonder if you have seen the latest on the NF1 research www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/9/7/783/htm . There might be a way to prevent or slow down the worst manifestations. I thought you might like to read this medical trial.
All the best and I hope you ave found a babysitter by now xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now