Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Goring

(6 Posts)
stonerose19 Mon 01-Jan-18 13:06:14

Hi there, just thought I'd post this as my wife and I and two children (6 and 3) are moving from London to Goring late Jan. We are in the process of applying to schools which is a bit of a nightmare as we are only 200m from Goring primary school but I think in year transfers are full, although my youngest daughter will hopefully be accepted for 2018 reception. Anyway just thought I'd post this for any advice and to meet local parents.
Best wishes for 2018!

irregularegular Mon 01-Jan-18 21:27:21

Hello! I live in Goring, though my children are quite a bit older than yours now. It's a lovely place to live and bring up children and very easy to make friends through the school and other activities. It's a really friendly, active little place.

There should be no problem getting a reception place if you apply by the deadline if you live close to school. Good luck with getting a place for the 6 year old. I don't know what the state of the "in year" waiting list is, but I think that if you are living close to school you get high priority? What other options have you looked at. I would think South Stoke is the most obvious alternative. Or Streatley. Both are very close and have lots of links with Goring.

You might want to get names down for activities like Scouts/Guides, Football, Ballet etc to meet local children even if you cannot get into the school straightaway.

I don't know if you have come across the Facebook Groups: Goring Booty and Spotted in Goring which are great for asking questions about local services etc.

Good luck!

stonerose19 Tue 02-Jan-18 08:20:51

Thanks so much @irregularregular it’s a massive move for us and we can’t wait to get stuck in!

irregularegular Tue 02-Jan-18 10:03:23

Where are you moving from?

stonerose19 Tue 02-Jan-18 11:06:49

We are currently in south east London

irregularegular Tue 02-Jan-18 14:04:46

Lots and lots of people move here from London, usually with small children. It is a very open community.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: