Talk

Advanced search

Route To BOA

(7 Posts)
Northmole Thu 28-Dec-17 18:36:50

I've been studying the different ways for my son, to BOA from north or south depending where we actually move and of course if he is accepted at all. But it looks like a challenge, trains then bus??? How would most people do this? Husband will work in Edgbaston so if we live north, it might work for them to be on the train together most of the way? This is all new for us, so trying to figure a little ahead helps with all the jitters of uprooting the family blush

KingsHeathen Thu 28-Dec-17 20:32:44

Are you going for Sutton Coldfield? Train to New St together, DH switch to train to five ways, DS walk to boa. (DH is going to be Frederick Rd?)

Didiusfalco Thu 28-Dec-17 23:41:05

If you’re going from Sutton Coldfield he could get on the X3, X4, or X5 bus and then it’s a very short walk from the bus stop.

Honestly, this is going to be one of those things that you look back on and wonder why you spent so much time worrying - please relax, BOA is an easily accessible school in a non-dangerous area.

Northmole Mon 01-Jan-18 19:13:25

Thanks for the advice everyone. We think Sutton, but are also looking South to Redditch area. I'm sure it will all work out, but sitting here 4000 miles away, makes everything seem difficult.

Caulk Mon 01-Jan-18 19:39:08

New st station is full of students who walked there and are then getting the train home.

BOA is very hard to get into as it’s so over subscribed so don’t put too much effort into thinking until you know he is in

Tiredemma Tue 02-Jan-18 19:39:40

DS1 goes to BOA. He gets on the crosscity line at Butlers lane and walks with loads of other students from New St

Northmole Sat 28-Jul-18 01:13:17

Finally, after 7 months of Visa mess, it is sorted and we are ready to move ASAP. Son DID get into BOA. We've been to visit now several times and like what we've seen there.
Wondering, do south trains From Redditch or Solihull go straight to Moor Street station? The need to find a house to let is urgent now!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »