Talk

Advanced search

Special needs 1-2-1 swimming lesson

(5 Posts)
jsp56 Mon 18-Dec-17 06:56:27

Hi,

I wondered if anyone would know of a swimming teacher in Cambridge or nearby who is very good at helping children with mild special needs? I am looking for a 1-2-1 lesson where I can accompany my ds into the pool. He can swim fine with a float but just needs help to make the adjustment to swimming without a float, hopefully before school swimming lessons start in summer. He is 7 years old.

Thanks!

Tid1 Mon 18-Dec-17 09:31:12

Hi
Not sure if you know about Cambridge disabled kids swimming club. I believe they offer free sessions- not 1-2-1 but more of a group
www.cdksc.co.uk

CarrotCakeMuffins Mon 18-Dec-17 12:58:39

Hi jsp

I know some of the swimming teachers at Chesterton Sports centre do private lessons (during regular open swimming sessions) so might be worth asking there.

Or I know some people who use Elite Swimming Academy. They do a maximum of 3 but can do single child lessons.

I don't know how either would be with Special needs but if they are mild may well be OK. Worth asking them anyway.

Good luck with finding something.

SoftSheen Mon 18-Dec-17 13:03:48

Kamila at Elite Swimming Academy does 1-2-1 swimming lessons with special needs children, and I believe she has had specific training for this. It may be expensive though!

whereonthestair Tue 19-Dec-17 07:31:07

There is a charity which operates out of parkside pools called level water. They do some 1-1 with children with special needs and disability.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: