Talk

Advanced search

Birth at the John Radcliffe Hospital

(7 Posts)
Worrywort85 Mon 11-Dec-17 21:04:15

Good evening!
I hope you are all well.
I am due in February and will be giving birth at the JR.
I'm quite anxious about getting there with all of the traffic as it had always been mega busy at my appointments.
I'm just anxious in general to be honest!
I had my son at the Horton in Banbury in 2014 and due to a change in my health I am seen in Oxford now and the spires isn't an option for me unfortunately .
Has anyone given birth at the JR recently-ish?

Thank you smile

SenoritaViva Tue 12-Dec-17 09:46:34

Yes I did, it was fine!

Congratulations and hope it goes well.

Uptooearly16 Tue 12-Dec-17 14:31:04

Yes, three times. I think it’s absolutely brilliant. I had fantastic care. Good luck!

Worrywort85 Fri 15-Dec-17 11:35:56

Great! Thanks so much for letting me know, I keep hearing some worrying stories... smile

Babyisinthecorner Sat 23-Dec-17 16:41:25

I did & the staff were amazing. I was most definitely treated as an individual & not a statistic. They'll look after you.

Eddierussett Thu 28-Dec-17 17:23:53

Only just seen this. I would recommend setting off early as there are warnings up about roadworks causing delays around the hospital for most of next year on top of the usual traffic.

I went in around 5.30pm and had no problems with parking as everyone was leaving at that time but we were prepared that if we went in during the day, I would probably have to be dropped off and my husband queue for a long time to park. When you drive into the hospital site, if there are queues from the mini roundabout up the hill to the right to the main car parks to the women's centre, you can go left and loop around the back of the hospital and come out at the women's centre (I didn't know this but got a tip from a friend). My worst fear was being stuck in the parking queue for an hour unable to get past to the women's centre!

I wanted to use the spires but ended up on the delivery suite. There were a few bumps along the way but the staff were nothing but professional and I met some lovely midwives and doctors (just wish I had been more with it to remember any of their names!)

Imavinoops Thu 28-Dec-17 20:56:54

I don't know much about the traffic situation as I was induced and went in on Sunday morning. I was worried about the same thing however so I had planned to go in as early as possible. I know Tuesday mornings are clinic days so they are particularly bad.

I was in the delivery suite, no chance of spires as we were higher risk but everyone was very lovely and looked after us wonderfully. I have no complaints and am planning on going back for our next baby!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: