Talk

Advanced search

Oak Farm Junior - how bad is it?

(4 Posts)
YouNaughtyMonster Mon 11-Dec-17 17:12:36

Oak Farm Junior school in Hillingdon has got a "requires improvement" at Ofsted inspection in November 2017. There are lots of things written about it in the report: https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report/provider/ELS/102431

But I don't really know how to interpret the report. Are the issues likely to be fixed in the next 3-4 years? Has the school had a good history before this?

Is it worth sending my 4 year old to the infant school now (which is rated as outstanding), and hoping the junior school improves by the time he gets there?

0304mum Tue 13-Mar-18 17:20:49

Im interested too as it was a highly regarded school locally but I guess things change! I wanted my child with additional needs) to go there but the impression I got was that he wasn’t wanted there. ( because of the answers to the questions I asked) on the other hand Ryefield who historically were frowned upon now have a’good’ ofsted report.
I think you should contact the school to see if you can visit and get s feel for the place .
I hope others add to this thread!!

franksidebottom Wed 21-Mar-18 22:35:35

I had a child at Oak Farm and a child at Ryefield and I have a third child who I will send to Ryefield and not Oak Farm. Oak Farm Juniors was never rated Outstanding only the Infant school was. I find there is a lot of snobbery about Ryefield but my child loved it there far more than my child who was at Oak Farm. Do go and see the schools for yourself, one thing I will say is that a lot of parents talk about Ryefield negatively, but yet they have never had a child there, it's is always going on heresay from others, who also don't have children there! Bizarre! I think Ryefield used to have a poor reputation a few years ago but unfortunately that reputation still sticks which is such a shame. I found Ryefield to be an incredibly caring, happy school with thriving children, lots who are achieving incredibly well. All the children who went to Ryefield and who were at Secondary school with my daughter got excellent GCSE grades from what she told me. They run after school clubs, nice school trips, disco's etc. Please go and take a look at both schools.

franksidebottom Wed 21-Mar-18 22:38:33

I would imagine Oak Farm Juniors will do whatever they can to improve. Don't get me wrong OF is a lovely school I'm just saying don't dismiss Ryefield or listen to outdated prejudice from others regarding Ryefield, which is also a lovely school.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: