Talk

Advanced search

Win a family ticket to Beauty and the Beast at the Theatre Royal

(19 Posts)
LocalEditorNottingham Fri 08-Dec-17 19:34:23

We are extremely excited to have a family ticket (four people) to Beauty and the Beast at the Theatre Royal, on Tuesday 9th January at 7.15pm, to offer as a prize.

'Don’t miss this year’s spellbinding family pantomime Beauty and the Beast starring much-loved actress, TV star, presenter, and Nottingham native, Sherrie Hewson as Mrs Potts-Temple-Savage, TV and stage star Ben Richards as the Beast/Prince Sebastian and featuring the welcome return of panto favourites Ben Nickless and Andrew Ryan. Musical theatre stars Danny Bayne, Naomi Slights and Natalie Spriggs complete the principal line-up of the pantomime as Trent, Belle and Deadly Nightshade.

Dreaming of a happier life, the beautiful Belle finds herself transported to a spell-bound castle held captive by a hideous beast. Can she see beyond the monster and fall in love with her captor before the last petal falls from the enchanted rose? Or will the Beast’s selfishness cost him the world he once knew and the hand of the girl that has melted his heart?

This unmissable show will be packed with all of the ingredients our audiences have come to expect from the East Midland’s biggest pantomime; lots of laughter, stunning costumes, music and plenty of magic.

Remember - pantomime is really exciting, but it can also be a bit loud and scary in places and sometimes has the odd naughty joke for the grown-ups to enjoy. Beauty And The Beast also contains flashing lights, strobe, pyros, fire, haze, smoke and 3D action, so please bear this in mind if you are planning to bring children under the age of 5 or anyone of a nervous or sensitive disposition.'

Find out more and book tickets at the Theatre Royal

To enter, please post in the thread below, by midnight on Friday 22nd December, with your answer to this question:

What panto character would you most like to play?

The winner will be contacted on Saturday 23rd December by Mumsnet PM (please remember to check your inbox) and must respond by noon on Thursday 28th December to claim their prize.

MillieMaddieMabel Fri 08-Dec-17 20:50:20

I'd like to play a villain! There's something about the audience getting really riled up, booing and hissing at the villains that makes the whole pantomime come alive!! The villains do such a marvellous job of creating the right atmosphere, just the right amount of malice that I'd love to give it a go! I think I'd make a great Malificent, or Evil Queen maybe even a wicked witch! Oh no i wouldn't.. OH YES I WOULD!! and I'd sneak up so well the audience wouldn't get a chance to yell "Shes behind you!!" Muhahahahaha!

hutchy73 Fri 08-Dec-17 23:16:46

Cinderella - would love to go to the ball in a posh dress

Foxsox Fri 08-Dec-17 23:37:00

I would love to play Widow Twanky. Although typically male role I think the humour and rappor with the audience would be something I'd love to be a part of.

MyRelationshipIsWeird Sat 09-Dec-17 00:42:27

My God-daughter calls me her Fairy Godmother so I'd have to be that! Would love to be able to bring my DD along to watch a panto this year and if I win maybe I could bring my God-daughter too?

CazzaE Sat 09-Dec-17 08:08:02

I would love to play Belle in Beauty in the Beast, just to feel a sense of satisfaction when the Beast transforms into the prince proving the beauty is not skin deep.

MrsBungle Sat 09-Dec-17 21:37:22

I'd like to play any principal boy, I have a penchant for the tights and knee high boots combo! grin

Zeezeebo Tue 12-Dec-17 14:59:05

I’ve always wanted to be maid Marion from babes in the wood panto.
I love maid Marion’s character for several reasons, one she’s stunning, two her boyfriend is the infamous Robin Hood three I love her outfits and most importantly she’s Nottinghams heroine !

PolarBearGoingSomewhere Thu 14-Dec-17 13:46:18

I would love to play Jack as he's cheeky and fun. Not sure where I'd keep a hen (or goose, it changes from book to book!), but I am good at rock climbing so the beanstalk would be a doddle!

arniep Fri 15-Dec-17 11:45:02

I'd like to think prince charming, but the wife would probably say more like the beast smile

mummyhaschangedhername Fri 15-Dec-17 12:23:47

Belle! I love how confident in herself the character is, she isn't afraid to just be herself.

Throgglesprocket Wed 20-Dec-17 21:01:07

I'd have to play one of the ugly sisters - no makeup required!! :-)

Sleepysausage Thu 21-Dec-17 04:22:02

I'd love to play Peter Pan and try out the flying harnesses. Always looked such fun

Phoenix0101 Thu 21-Dec-17 11:11:48

I would love to play Sleeping Beauty... and finally get some decent kip!! (I am a mother of a 3yo and 4yo who works full time lol... I need some sleep!!)

neura Thu 21-Dec-17 14:45:38

a good fairy that will make everyone dream come true =)

Lovingauntie Thu 21-Dec-17 19:28:16

Fairy Godmother!

lubypink Fri 22-Dec-17 19:08:15

Cinderella, who would want that beautiful dress and meet her Prince charming x

LocalEditorNottingham Tue 26-Dec-17 15:37:16

Congratulations to our winner Mrs Bungle, commiserations everyone else and a very Happy New Year to all! flowers

MrsBungle Tue 26-Dec-17 21:22:20

Woo hoo! Thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: