Talk

Advanced search

Jobless and pregnant

(3 Posts)
Stacey2193 Fri 08-Dec-17 10:30:47

Hi everyone am new here, am currently pregnant with my first. Am 23 weeks today. I recently left a job as a home carer I been in that company 3 years and I then decided to move onto another company even though I was pregnant I only worked there a month before I left because it was awful long hours, they made me lift people while pregnant and am currently type 1 diabetic so it’s been really stressful trying to cope looking after myself and baby. It has all been affecting my relationship cos I been feeling depressed. So I quit after a month. I been off work a week now. So my question is when’s the earliest I can apply for maternity allowance ? Can I apply now so they get all my information in advance ? Or should I apply also for job seekers in mean time ? It’s cos am so worried by end of December I won’t have any money, I have a partner who supports me but he’s on low wage and we don’t currently live together we are waiting for housing. Any help would be really appreciated.

CottonSock Sat 09-Dec-17 08:58:26

Can't advise but maybe go to citizens advice

RosieRalphs Sat 16-Dec-17 22:55:10

I think 26 weeks is earliest you can apply for MA x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: