Talk

Advanced search

Kids Yoga

(7 Posts)
MellyW82 Wed 06-Dec-17 21:00:42

Hi everyone, I’m hoping for some feedback/advice please. I am looking to start a Kids Yoga business in Cornwall, but before I dive in head first, I’m really keen to get a better feeling for who is interested and who I should be targeting my classes towards. For those of you who aren’t sure what Kids Yoga is, it is a session in which the children can be present in the moment to just be themselves, allowing them to grow their self-awareness, become curious in their own health and wellbeing, let go of an pressures around their behaviour, school grades, performance, and to just have fun and be happy. During the class we work on breathing, sound, visualisations, story-telling and sensory play, whilst incorporating yoga throughout to increase strength, flexibility and coordination.

So, please tell me, what are your thoughts on kids yoga? Would you like to share a yoga class with your children? If you already do yoga, how about a class where your kids can learn it too (in a fun way!)? Any feedback around costings, timings, approach etc would be gratefully received. Thank you and hope to see you at one of my classes in the near future!

MellyW82 Thu 07-Dec-17 21:03:20

Testing test

Elvalisa Thu 07-Dec-17 21:24:43

I'd be interested in this particularly for my 9 year old, she suffers a bit with anxiety and there's a lot of peer pressure in her class. She's not a really intense sporty kind of person so I think yoga would go at a more suitable pace for her. As she's 9, she probably wouldn't want me to be in the class with her, it's something she'd want to do with her friends. I think £4-£5 per session would be a reasonable price to pay.

Good luck!

VinS1 Thu 07-Dec-17 22:23:27

MellyW82
I have exact thoughts as you.. so Watching this space
Want to see if this would be a popular interest and also would like to know if ~10£ per an hour session is reasonable?

VinS1 Thu 07-Dec-17 22:25:08

MellyW82
Nice to hear that someone else is thinking the same as me at the same time.. smile

Miribun Tue 12-Dec-17 11:23:13

My 3 year old daughter and I regularly search YouTube for yoga for kids videos, and we enjoy doing them together. I've literally got no knowledge of yoga other than watching these vids. I'd be really interested in a class for kids and their parent(s).

strugglingtodomybest Wed 13-Dec-17 09:27:53

I'd be interested. My 11 year old DS wants to do it. But tbh it sounds like you'd be aiming at younger children? I pay £9 for my 1.5 hour yoga class. I'd be happy to pay this for my DS if I felt he was getting value from his class, and I'd be happy to come with him if it was a serious yoga class.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now