Talk

Advanced search

Spoilt Brat Daughter??

(2 Posts)
VALERIESCO Tue 05-Dec-17 13:38:15

I am an older mum & raised my children after 10 yrs of marrige to a drunk on my own,whilst working full-time. The dad shaped up his act and then become the suger daddy to the kids with no bounderies. I have tried after my daughter went to a live in colledge for 3 yrs to build a relationship with her,go shopping ,fun times out but she does not want any of that. I am a hard working mum who is not a drunk or drug user and even in seriouse ill health over last 2 yrs ,she has rejected me & not even shown a care if I am dead or alive. I have written her letters and attempted tel calls to her telling I love her. She is herself a trainee physio in the NHS NOW, but dad spoils her & she sees him 2-3 times per week. I was couragouse 2mths ago and telephoned her asking we bridge build/try & trust one another again??-She agreed & I went for lunch to her flat in November,whereby she invited me for XMAS DAY/Lunch with her boyfreind-Yes I said instantly..Only for her to ring me last week to invite me over for Xmas day tea instead..What had happened I ask "Oh dad is coming for Xmas dinner" & as he cant be in the same room as you...This is the way it is..Despite me protesting that,she & sons had spent last 5-10 yrs at his house and sometimes I spent Xmas on my own or occassionally with freinds..But after major surgery in Dec 2016 -On my own..Would like opinion as tired of still in divorce being superseeded by this man & his money.?

TeenTimesTwo Tue 05-Dec-17 14:52:47

I'm not very good at this kind of stuff, so instead I'm going to suggest you post this in Relationships on the main board, here: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now