Advanced search

James gilespies catchment

(8 Posts)
TopangaD Mon 04-Dec-17 23:40:51

Any parents open to feedback?

catdil Tue 05-Dec-17 19:14:16

?

duck94 Tue 05-Dec-17 19:48:26

Don’t understand the question. Has the catchment been changed at JGHS too?

TopangaD Tue 05-Dec-17 20:27:22

Oops.. sorry, no idea what happened there it didn’t post my full post..
could anyone who is a jgHS parent give me some feedback on living in the catchment area ? We had been looking at moving possibly to Currie to get a bigger place but we have re thought this now with the school uncertainty. My partner is keen we look at JGHS and the catchment. Completely different life though in a tenement rather than a house, from what I know a studenty area.. if anyone could feedback to me what the area is like for families and community etc I’d be very grateful. Thanks and sorry for the random first post!!

esk1mo Tue 05-Dec-17 22:01:29

my DP went there in lived in Grange. lots of quiet leafy streets. lots of families live in Sciennes/Marchmont/Causeweyside etc.

close enough to Meadows for parks/playing sports/bbqs etc. close to arthurs seat and new skatepark built there, commonwealth pool also. i think the quality of life for children is excellent in southside. cinemas in tollcross and lothian road, also close to fountainpark for cinema and bowling etc.

most tenements have a shared garden, lots of families with young kids in tenements. we live in Fountainbridge, close to new boroghmuir and there are no student parties or antisocial behaviour where we live smile

Largebucket Wed 06-Dec-17 09:07:29

It's not all studenty www.edinburgh.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/618/james_gillespies_high_school.pdf

catdil Wed 06-Dec-17 11:49:35

Love it here and am seeing the area change as more and more families reclaim the area! Would highly recommend if especially for teenagers as loads to do and near by so less worry

TopangaD Wed 06-Dec-17 15:07:11

That is brilliant thanks so much. Really great to hear.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: