Talk

Advanced search

Your thoughts on Chertsey?

(7 Posts)
StellaComley Mon 04-Dec-17 20:13:57

Hello all,

My husband and I (five months pregnant with our first) will be moving to Surrey due to his employment, he will be working in Addlestone. We have flagged Chertsey as a possible place to base ourselves, it seems to be more affordable than our first choice of Weybridge and close to his employer in Bourne Business Park.

I am just looking for reviews of the area for a pair who are simply looking for a safe area to enjoy the quiet life with a newborn, whilst being close to amenities such as supermarket, gym, few restaurants and pubs. Train lines to London aren't too important, we will only be going in to London now and again.

Any feedback would be most appreciated!
Stella x

Justasec Mon 04-Dec-17 21:49:42

Lived near there a few years ago. Definitely nicer than addlestone! We really liked living there, some nice areas and found it family friendly, and with ask the things you describe. Hopefully you'll get some current residents along with more helpful info.

StellaComley Mon 04-Dec-17 23:16:56

Thanks for your feedback! Yes, we did have some reservations about Addlestone after doing some research online.

Fffion Mon 04-Dec-17 23:36:23

There are some really nice period properties, Victorian terraces, 1950 - 60 LA housing and some high end 1980s housing. There’s a Sainsbury’s and Aldi in the town centre, and a Tesco Metro not too far away. There is a gym with a pool. Good range of pubs and restaurants.

I think you can do well there, but then Addlestone has good parts too.

The train service is declining. There will be no direct service to Waterloo, just a shuttle between Virginia Water and Weybridge.

Fffion Mon 04-Dec-17 23:37:30

Addlestone has undergone/is undergoing a major redevelopment.

StellaComley Tue 05-Dec-17 12:11:34

Thanks for your input Fffion :-) I have seen such mixed reviews on Addlestone, but have also seen they are doing a lot of redevelopments in the area and tidying the place up. I am keeping my search perimeters open to include surrounding areas, just to keep our options open.

Fffion Tue 05-Dec-17 17:47:42

I would wager that any bad reviews come from snobs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now