Advanced search

Help for a friend

(6 Posts)
nicwhit87 Thu 30-Nov-17 22:28:09

Hi ladies & gents,

I'm quite new here, I was hoping someone would help me get some advice for my friend. She has recently found out her son has gotten into drugs, she is looking for professional help, but has no idea where to turn. Does anyone here know the best charity to contact? I thought maybe the NHS, but I don't know if that would be of any use.

Any feedback or help you could give me to pass along to her would be so helpful, she is originally from the EU so doesn't have a lot of family support, my other friend and I are trying to rally together to help her.

Thanks in advance xo

nicwhit87 Thu 30-Nov-17 22:28:51

Sorry should also add... he's 15.

BelfastLocalEditor Tue 05-Dec-17 15:33:27

I was waiting for someone to post something more helpful as I've no knowledge in this area. I know there are youth projects in Belfast that deal with teenagers...but it depends if the help is for the mother to understand or for the son to be treated. Perhaps their doctor could advise them and get a referral.
So sorry and I hope your friend finds help.

implantsandaDyson Tue 05-Dec-17 17:50:51 It’s been a while since I dealt with them but I know this charity provided counselling/treatment programmes. Give them a call they’ll be able to steer your friend in the right direction if they can’t help.

nicwhit87 Thu 07-Dec-17 21:56:48

Hi both,

Thanks so much for the response, anyways I have passed on a few charities I found online and also addiction NI as per @implantsandadyson recommendation.

BerylStreep Thu 07-Dec-17 22:41:54

Your friend might also be able to contact Parents Advice Centre for signposting.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: