Advanced search

New to Ware

(4 Posts)
ChiggaBo Thu 30-Nov-17 14:37:09

I have a ten year old niece who has just moved to Ware and is finding it hard to make friends. It's been made difficult because she has one last year of school in Enfield and has no school contacts here. I have enrolled her in gymnastics at the weekend which she enjoys but the problem is none of the girls seem to hang around after class for her to get to know. She is normally very fun and chatty and I am a tad worried for her as she is a bit lonely and needs friends her own age. Does anyone know any good ideas how I might get her to make some new friends in Ware her own age? I would greatly appreciate some ideas.

MBell7811 Sun 17-Dec-17 00:06:18

Hello, I don't live in Hertfordshire yet but I know where I live we have youth clubs? One for 9-12 year olds and another fit 13-16, might be worth a look? Also a club that is more interactive then concentration, when I was a child I made friends at a stage school but not everyone enjoys that so maybe dance class, football club?

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 18-Dec-17 10:10:52

hiya - I know lots of guiders in Ware and they are all lovely - do register her with the 'join us' system and hopefully she'd be able to join a unit soon.

or maybe Scouts? It's very popular in Ware and there's lots of groups -

ChiggaBo Mon 18-Dec-17 11:24:55

Hi, thanks to both your suggestions they are both great ideas. Now it's trying to get her to participate. She is kind of getting used to not having friends in a way. It's a bit of a worry truth be told. I shall give it a go I know she wants friends she is just getting a bit self conscious. Fingers crossed. If you have any more ideas on how to help please do let me know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now