Talk

Advanced search

baby on board badge

(4 Posts)
LaurG Wed 29-Nov-17 16:20:18

Hi all,

Just wanted a bit of advice here. I am 8 weeks pregnant and have a very long daily commute on the northern line from Clapham to Angel. I am finding it extremely difficult as my nausea is really bad. twice in the last week I have started to black out and had to get off the tube or ask for a seat. Is it ok to start wearing a baby on board badge at this early stage? Im not convinced anyone will notice me but at leat I might have a chance of getting to sit. I will have to take it off when I get to angel as work don't know yet. What do you think? I obviously don't look preggo yet.

Thiswayorthatway Wed 29-Nov-17 16:41:28

Congrats OP! Yes of course wear one if you want. People didn't see I was pregnant at 8 months with my winter coat on. But beware you may see colleagues on the tube.

CarveHerNameWithPride Wed 29-Nov-17 19:16:54

Yes of course you can wear it from the moment you get symptoms. It’s for the use of all women who need a seat due to pregnancy not necessarily huge 8 months women. However you might get a bit paranoid that other work colleagues will bump into you on the tube.

LocalEditorLambeth Wed 29-Nov-17 23:12:54

Many congratulations! Hope your nausea eases soon. The badge really worked for me when I was pregnant with my daughter (seems like a lifetime ago now!) and I wore it from about three months. Perhaps you could put it somewhere you could quickly cover it with a scarf etc if you needed to. I used to have mine on my bag as it was more at eye level with those sitting down. It's definitely fine to wear at any stage - those early days can be so hard. I got a lot of help from school kids who saw my badge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now