Talk

Advanced search

Best place to stay Cheltenham/Gloucester

(3 Posts)
Loveurself Tue 28-Nov-17 18:50:21

We are considering moving form Bristol to C/G to make school commute easier for 2 boys- elder starting at Thomas Rich and younger with a good rank stands a high chance of getting in the same school. Both hubby and myself work in Bristol and will need commuting ( bit easier for me as I do have flexi work arrangements couple of days a week).We have been last 3 years in Henleaze, a highly sought after family location in Bristol, so confused what would work reasonably well. we would like to rent initially, and buy in next 6-12 months basis how we feel about the place and all. Any advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks

SummerSazz Tue 28-Nov-17 22:27:11

I used to commute by car to central Bristol from near Gloucester and it was horrid traffic wise. DH commutes to Filton which is easier but still a bit of a trek. Can you get the gloucester train in?

celticmissey Wed 29-Nov-17 12:27:17

Gloucester wise - Naunton is nice, Longford is not too bad and Highnam is quite nice - not too far from Tommy Rich's and not too far from M5. Cheltenham is a nightmare traffic wise to get past GCHQ in the mornings to be honest and a nightmare again to get back out again... With Tommy Rich's it is not too far from the A417 which takes you onto the M5 and not too far from Gloucester Train Station either.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »