Talk

Advanced search

I need advice on partners mum

(2 Posts)
Quietmum1909 Mon 27-Nov-17 14:36:38

I need help, me and my partner has been together for nearly two and a half years, but we have came upon a stumbling point in our relationship, I need as many a people's advice plz on what you would do. OK so my partner stopped all communication with his family because of his mum, his mum does not like me at all, and she has said some very nasty things about me to my partner just before he stopped all communication, she has also tried to split me and my partner up, she told my partner that I was not invited to her house ever but he could go over whenever he liked for dinner etc she's a right nasty piece of work. Recently my partner has told me that he wants to see her again and communicate with her, I'm feeling sick to my stomach with the thought of her going to try and separate me and my partner, I have told my partner that I do not want him to communicate with her, he knows how I feel about the situation, but what I don't understand is why would he want someone back in his life/our life that tried to split us up, should he not hate her for what she has done previously? I guess I would just like to hear other people's thoughts and what you think I should do.

Esspee Mon 27-Nov-17 18:34:28

She is his mother and their relationship is far deeper than the relationship between the two of you. (You are not even his wife)
Fortunately he supported you by withdrawing from her when she tried to split you up. Have faith in him to keep his mother in check. If you insist on preventing him from seeing her it may backfire on you. If his mother is able to turn him against you then he is not worth fighting for.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: