Talk

Advanced search

Croydon state primaries that emphasize play-based/creative learning?

(4 Posts)
hkmama88 Mon 27-Nov-17 08:15:48

Hello - my family will be moving to Croydon from Hong Kong and from an IB school into a State School. We have 3 kids - 6, 4, 2. We are ideally looking for a school that is more creative in its approach, less test-focused, doesn't give tons of homework etc. We have read good things (thanks Mumsnet!) about Ridgeway Primary but would like a few more options - I will be visiting next week and will go see all the short-listed schools to get a feel for myself. Do you know of others in the area that have a more nurturing philosophy that I should consider and visit? We are flexible about where we live and once I've narrowed down to a couple of schools will look near there. Thank you so much for any help - this has been an amazing resource for us!

CrumpetandSausage Mon 27-Nov-17 22:23:02

Ridgeway certainly has less homework and seems more play-based in reception/yr 1 than many other local schools. However, it’s also oversubscribed so you will likely end up on a waiting list. All the decent primaries around here are.

hkmama88 Mon 27-Nov-17 22:40:16

Thanks @crumpetandsausage. What do you think of the Oasis Academys? Some seem to have room but I can't find a lot of opinions online.

CrumpetandSausage Tue 28-Nov-17 06:11:35

Sorry, I don’t know anything about them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now