Talk

Advanced search

If you are a local, what would you do in Bath for a few hours?

(6 Posts)
Swifey Sun 26-Nov-17 20:18:59

I am meeting a friend for her 40th in Bath, we both live about 30 mins away. I have booked afternoon tea, but other than shopping what else can you recommend to do for an hour or so?
Tia

Spindelina Sun 26-Nov-17 20:37:21

If the weathers nice, just go for a walk either round the crescents (Royal, Cavendish, Lansdown, Camden) or along the tow path from the end of the K&A or do part of the Bath Skyline walk.

The assembly rooms and fashion museum are nice if it’s raining, and central.

MrsEricBana Sun 26-Nov-17 23:59:25

Definitely a walking tour of all the sights plus one of the museums or galleries e.g. Holburne Museum, Victoria Art Gallery, No 1 Royal Crescent, Fashion Museum & Assembly Rooms, Museum of Bath Architecture. Lots of lovely places for coffee - if you are visiting the Royal Crescent I highly recommend the Green Bird Cafe in Margarets Buildings. If you are coming in next couple of weeks it's the Christmas Market so very pretty. Have a lovely time!

Jasminedes Mon 27-Nov-17 07:51:22

Holburne Museum and art gallery, or Victoria art gallery is more central if they have a good exhibition on (but to be honest, depending where your tea is compared to the shops, I am sure the time will go quickly. Parade gardens is also very central. Have a lovely time.

Joinourclub Mon 27-Nov-17 11:40:45

You can climb the Abbey tower. www.bathabbey.org/towertours

Tiddlywinks63 Mon 27-Nov-17 21:16:46

If it's only an hour then I would wander over Pulteney Bridge, down Pulteney Street and pop into the Holbourne Museum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now