Talk

Advanced search

Commuting chichester to london

(4 Posts)
asbmh Fri 24-Nov-17 16:30:39

Hallo
I'm just wondering if anyone's DH commutes from Chichester to London? We are considering moving to Chichester so am just looking for some advice and whether this is doable 3 times a week. Also wondering how interesting Chichester is for secondary aged kids and if it's a friendly place to move to. I would be a sahm initially so wondering where is good to meet new friends.
Thanks

AssassinatedBeauty Fri 24-Nov-17 19:17:27

Well, the direct trains are about 1hr 30, so to get to London for a decent time would mean an early start. There is a lot of disruption still on Southern trains, with the dispute still continuing. That doesn't help when the journey is already quite long.

I don't live in Chichester, but a bit further up the line toward London. Chichester has a good reputation as far as I know, and there seems to be a fair amount to do. Are there any Facebook groups for parents in Chichester that you could ask the same question to?

Hopefully someone with more direct knowledge will come along soon!

Crumbs1 Fri 24-Nov-17 20:59:54

Chichester is lovely. Commenting daily would be quite a long day but three times a week is doable. It’s about an hour and a hal to Victoria but as there are no changes you can work on the train.
There’s plenty for children and teenagers - they can have more freedom because it’s so safe. No nightclubs though - but Tiger Tiger in Portsmouth is just a train/taxi ride. Mine never minded the lack of clubs.
I’ve always found it very friendly and have lifelong friends from both primary and secondary. Schools are good with Bishop Luffa being very sought after. Ours did exceptionally well out of there. Lots commute to Portsmouth Grammar (independent) or St Philip Howard (VA Catholic).
Near to beautiful beaches, lovely countryside and easy trips out to Brighton or Portsmouth.
Festival theatre is brilliant and has a fantastic youth theatre.

Crumbs1 Fri 24-Nov-17 21:00:15

That is commuting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now