Talk

Advanced search

Child Friendly Restaurant recommendations Bath

(5 Posts)
LilaMagick Thu 23-Nov-17 09:43:38

Hi Everyone

Any suggestions for a good child friendly restaurant near Bath town centre somewhere? Our children are 3 and 6 yrs. No high chair needed.

Also any good places to visit with this age in or near Bath?

Thank you
Lisa

Joinourclub Thu 23-Nov-17 11:12:23

Bath has all the usual family friendly places- pizza express, waggamamnas, giraffe etc.

We also like to go to Boston Tea Party on Alfred street, Cafe Retro, Komedia cafe, the Real Italian Pizza Company, The egg cafe.

MrsEricBana Thu 23-Nov-17 14:17:15

Yes Boston Tea Party on Alfred St perfect and agree with all the others too.

TheSnorkMaidenReturns Thu 23-Nov-17 23:47:56

I lived near Bath when my kids were young. Pretty much anywhere in the centre is child friendly at lunchtime (and afternoon). There are loads of tourists so cafés and restaurants are used to being flexible.

As long as you don't try a starred place in the evening, or let your little darlings run around to express their individuality, you'll be fine virtually. The many well off local kids eat out often, and they know how to sit at the table. You'll be tutted beyond belief if you use an iPad without headphones.

The big question is WHEN are you going? My facebook feed is already full of Bath friends joking about the annual onslaught of the 'sheds' aka the really lovely Christmas market. It makes the city centre incredibly busy. Don't think about pushing pushchair through the crowds (take a sling if your 3 year old still needs it) at the weekend. And book your meals in advance - it gets incredibly busy. Do a google search of places to eat near where you are going to be, and book now. Ask again here if you want advice on a particular place. I'm not up-to-date anymore.

Spindelina Fri 24-Nov-17 12:20:35

Graze by the train station - get a table looking out over the train tracks. Or GBK right nearby is our other goto.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now