Talk

Advanced search

Big toddlers

(4 Posts)
Donnamarie42 Tue 21-Nov-17 16:00:50

Hi my little girl is just a fraction under 36 inches tall and 15.5 kg can anyone tell me if she is considered a big toddler or is she a normal height and weight wise as worried she might be too big she is also 23 months old

IrishMum94 Tue 21-Nov-17 17:29:26

Every child is so unique in height and weight It can be a lot to do with genes. I am not a qualified pediatrician but I would say Id ur concern is strong to consult a doctor on the matter, all in all if she is healthy and happy that’s a great sign

SatsumasRock Tue 21-Nov-17 17:58:15

According to the red book, it's pretty high on the percentile scale - but it also says she's pretty tall for her age.

Do you have a Sure Start weigh-in place you can check with a health visitor?

Donnamarie42 Wed 22-Nov-17 06:43:17

Thank you ladie's, the reason i posted is because i get a lot of people asking how old she is and when i say she is only 23 months all i get is isn't she big for her age which then worries me if she is too big , i think i will take your advice and take her to the health visitor as i seem to have misplaced her red book other than this i have no other major concern's she is quite a happy and energetic little girl

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: