Talk

Advanced search

Relocating to North West England from Aus with young family

(3 Posts)
AussieBrooke Sun 19-Nov-17 10:02:25

Hello,

My family and I are moving to England in May 2018. We will be (most likely) working in Preston. We have 3 children aged from 8years to 18months. We would like to be within a 30-40minute drive to Preston, but willing to travel further for a great location. We have lived in England before, but more North. I am unfamiliar with the area but from a lot of googling, love the sound of Garstang. Initially we will be renting, therefore we need somewhere with rental opportunities. I would prefer a smaller town/village with a fantastic school (this is my biggest factor). Any assistance and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

gruffaloshmuffalo Mon 20-Nov-17 09:33:22

There's quite a few places nearby. There's buckshaw village which is a new build estate near Chorley. I'm not sure about the schools there though. Horwich is just next Fri the motorway and is lovely with some good schools, we live in Horwich and I love the school my children go to!

AussieBrooke Mon 20-Nov-17 10:01:17

Thank you so much for your reply. Is there just the one school in Horwich? I've been looking at rentals online and there seems to be some lovely place actually. smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: