Talk

Advanced search

Borrowing/ hiring a stair gate, pushchair

(5 Posts)
Schwanengesang Sun 19-Nov-17 06:36:21

Hi, we are coming to Cam for sabbatical in Easter term. Can anyone suggest where we might borrow, hire or buy cheaply secondhand a stair gate (or two), and a pushchair for a very very tall 18 month old?

Obvs we can go to Mothercare, Argos or wherever, but as we are only there 2.5 months I figured it might be worth seeing if we can borrow stuff from some organization.

Would charity shops like Emmaus be likely to have pushchair/ stair gate?

cammummy Sun 19-Nov-17 06:44:22

I'm not aware of any baby equipment hire places in Cambridge but Gumtree is really reasonable and probably the best place to pick up the things you need cheaply, or ebay?

Enjoy your time in Cambridge smile

Schwanengesang Sun 19-Nov-17 06:53:45

Having checked Argos we can just do stair gates from there.

Pushchairs are a pain though. Aged just 1 DS nearly doesn't fit in a cheap stroller anymore, so we either bring the massive mountain buggy with all the attendant pain & risk of losing it, or we somehow find one there, or we spend hundreds on something big enough. He normally travels in a sling over short distances here (was planning to do this travelling to the UK), but I think we might need more than a sling day to day for getting round Cambridge, given that everything is in walking distance (for me, not DS).

Schwanengesang Sun 19-Nov-17 06:55:23

Good point re Gumtree, had forgotten about them. Thanks :-)

CarrotCakeMuffins Sun 19-Nov-17 19:29:26

Local facebook selling pages regularly have these sorts of things for sale. See if you can join the 'Histon and surrounding selling page'. It has 1000s of members over quite a wide local area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now