Talk

Advanced search

Bishops stortford college

(2 Posts)
relocatingmummy Fri 17-Nov-17 21:41:07

My DS has been invited to do the assessment for year 3 entry into BSC. Does anyone have any information so i can try to prepare him for it? Also any parents of children there i could ask a few questions... how all round do you find the school? We know it has a strong academic reputation but we would like more than that. How do the children find saturday school from such a young age? Thank you!

thereinmadnesslies Sat 18-Nov-17 08:09:05

My DC progressed from the pre prep so I’m not sure what the assessment day is like, sorry.
Saturday school is something you just have to accept. It’s not ideal for family life, especially when they get to yr5 and Saturday school lasts until 3pm. However at Shell level it’s ok, they finish at 12.20 and spend half of the morning doing sport so it feels more fun. Tiredness can be a problem from the 6 day week and it’s much harder to fit in hobbies as many non schools activities take place on a Saturday. It’s not possible to request Saturdays off, you really do have to organise life around it. Good luck to your DS.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: