Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations please

(6 Posts)
PSmom1 Tue 14-Nov-17 16:30:34

My family is relocating to Wimbledon. I have a 6 year old daughter, and I am looking for recommendations for the following for her:

1) Piano teacher
2) Dance classes
3) Basketball lessons or other sporting activities
4) French club (My daughter is bilingual; English is her first language, and French is her second language)

Thank you kindly in advance for any suggestions.

Blowitout Tue 14-Nov-17 18:26:23

Which school will she be attending? Some of these activities might be available as after school clubs.

FlumePlume Tue 14-Nov-17 22:14:33

I can highly recommend Siegeris School of Dance for dance lessons, don't know about the others. You could try asking at Hanna Pianos and / or Cherry Pie Music (both on Kingston Road) on piano teachers.

Teddygirlonce Wed 15-Nov-17 06:47:30

Second the Siegeris School of Dance - no direct experience but have heard great things about it. Also The Village School of Dance which has links with Darcey Bussell no less.

Mosaic Languages (one of the directors, Corinne, is herself French) may be able to help out with a French club/classes.

There's also the Merton Music Foundation re finding out about piano lessons.

Teddygirlonce Wed 15-Nov-17 07:44:29

Also Claire Weston Shaw is a local (SW19, but more Colliers Wood direction) piano teacher who I always hear good things about (and know families whose DC have lessons with her). Think you can find her on FB?

Tacotac Fri 17-Nov-17 12:00:25

Good suggestions already.
My daughter loved Siegeris Dance school.Carried on for years with classes even after friends had moved on to other activities.
Merton Foundation is a gem- fantastic local resource doing fab work. Their website is sadly very confusing but go there on a Saturday morning when the centre is the busiest( lessons & orchestra rehearsals) and have a feel. Have a chat with parents running the café for fundraising.
Claire Weston is very good and fun and has masses of experience with kids.
Testimonial for Mosaic Languages from a bilingual 14 Y-O 's mum : www.mosaiclanguages.co.uk/1664-2/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now