Talk

Advanced search

Ely train station parking

(9 Posts)
ALS17081982 Tue 14-Nov-17 16:18:41

Hello,

Starting next year I will be commuting from Ely to Cambridge for 9-5 work and I'm not familiar with Ely train station at all. Has anyone got experience of the Ely train station car parking situation?

I'm planning to get a car park season ticket - would there be space in the NCP?

If I was arriving to the station at 8am, would there be any parking left?

Thanks for any help!

didireallysaythat Tue 14-Nov-17 18:32:38

8am - I would say no, no spaces left. When I get a train around 6:30-7:00 the car park is usually half full. I always get there early just in case I have to go into Ely for parking (the long stay around the corner can also be full at 8:00-8:30). However I usually travel Monday-Wednesday. I'm sure someone with a season ticket will come tell you what's its like every week....

Allthebestnamesareused Tue 14-Nov-17 18:47:16

On the plus side they have just opened some more spaces round behind Tesco for station carparking.
www.elystandard.co.uk/news/opening-monday-ely-s-new-commuter-car-park-1-5267846

For the 7.56 train there were usually spaces in Angel Drove

ALS17081982 Tue 14-Nov-17 20:11:47

Thanks guys! Yes, does anyone know how it works with a season ticket - does that not guarantee you a space?

didireallysaythat Tue 14-Nov-17 22:09:15

I've not paid too much attention to the season ticket spaces - I think there are 5-10 marked as such and I presume once these are full you just find a space like everyone else ?

I think I'd try just doing pay as you go for a week before committing to a season ticket perhaps ? Also the traffic varies massively depending on the school holidays. Currently the road works around the station aren't helping - missed my train again last week....

ALS17081982 Wed 15-Nov-17 16:58:52

Didireallysaythat - what is the name of the long stay round the corner of the station that you refer to? How long would it take to walk from that car park to the train platform roughly? Thanks for your help!

Allthebestnamesareused Wed 15-Nov-17 18:47:49

I'd allow 10-15 mins from Angel Drove to the platform as its the far platform under the underpass.

TapStepBallChange Wed 15-Nov-17 18:50:39

The new car park nr Tesco is slightly nearer than angel drove, I’ve used it once it was fine , slightly less miserable walk than the angel drove

ALS17081982 Wed 15-Nov-17 20:03:16

Thanks everyone! How big is the new car park near tesco? Do you know whether you can get a season ticket for that one?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: