Advanced search

Council housing - do you get help

(7 Posts)
Mummabear16 Mon 13-Nov-17 18:28:29

Does anyone know if you are entitled to any help from the council once allocated a home, by help I mean towards household items. I'm a single mum currently not working and wasn't sure if I'd be entitled to a little bit help once I am allocated a home... thanks!

Besom Mon 13-Nov-17 19:06:10

You can apply to the Scottish Welfare fund. I think you can do it yourself on line. Ask to speak to someone in housing if you want advice about it.

Mummabear16 Mon 13-Nov-17 19:39:33

Thanks so much for that x

LilyDa Tue 14-Nov-17 19:46:49
This might be helpful?

3nationsfamily Wed 15-Nov-17 20:27:51

Also look at freecycle for household items

duck94 Wed 15-Nov-17 23:30:12

And gumtree has a freebies section

Lones80 Thu 16-Nov-17 12:41:26

EFI sell heavily discounted second-hand furniture:

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: