Talk

Advanced search

Queen's School, Chester V Grange School, Hartford.

(11 Posts)
FenellaFudge79 Tue 07-Nov-17 21:26:10

Hi,

We are thinking of moving our Yr1 daughter and Sept 18 reception starter to either the Queen's School or Grange School in 2018.

Does anyone have any opinions on either of these schools?

Both girls will be attending assessments in the coming weeks/months.
I do have a decent amount of knowledge on each school via visits/website/prospectus but lack the knowledge of real user opinions.

Is there a lot of 'keeping up with the Jones'?
Do both schools treat pupils equally regardless of areas of interest?
The Queen's is more expensive over the term of the schooling life. Is it worth the extra cost?

Any help/advice/opinions greatly received.

Many thanks.

Theweek Wed 08-Nov-17 19:10:55

PM sent

CouldaWouldaDidnt Thu 09-Nov-17 14:03:20

Cant help with the Queens but friends have DC at The Grange and cannot speak highly enough of it.
They couldnt be further from keeping up with the jones type either and seem to be very socail with other parents etc.
Good luck.

hellsbells99 Thu 09-Nov-17 17:20:06

I also hear good reviews about The Grange

TillyTheTiger Thu 09-Nov-17 19:18:38

I don't have DC there but I know a couple of the teachers at The Grange and they are marvellous - dedicated and enthusiastic

WarringtonMum Mon 13-Nov-17 21:20:26

Hi I have a girl in Y4 at The Grange. Yes it's a fantastic school, great teachers, lovely children etc. However it is very academic and children are expected to reach a very high level and if they don't they are asked to leave (you aren't told that when your child starts!) my daughter says she can find it stressful! But the teachers are supportive. It's certainly not for every child!

hoolemumof2 Thu 16-Nov-17 13:16:25

I have a year 1 daughter at Queen’s. It’s great, couldn’t recommend more highly. She loves school and the opportunities and teachers are brilliant. It’s a lovely year group too - a real range of families but no competitive parenting.

P0ppysmum Mon 20-Nov-17 20:30:05

I visit Queens in my professional capacity regularly and have never been in a warmer, kinder school. The girls always seem incredibly happy and the staff always go the extra mile to ensure that their pupils are supported. I cannot comment on the Grange but recommend you visit Queen’s.

HNZ19 Mon 20-Nov-17 20:50:53

My daughter is Year 6 age and loves her sport. I would highly recommend Queen's, there is a lovely family atmosphere, the girls are very happy and the pastoral care is excellent. Whatever their interest, the girls are catered for and encouraged.

CheshireMumof4 Thu 23-Nov-17 20:43:34

It's always interesting reading about different experiences of schools. I know lots of students who have gone through both the Grange and Queen's. Without exception, Queen's is described as warm and nurturing, with staff who really go out of their way to help the girls achieve. The Grange is definitely a good school, but I get the impression that there is more focus on academic outcome. It's tough though, isn't it? Have you met both Head Teachers yet? A good leader will always tip the balance imho.

FenellaFudge79 Sun 26-Nov-17 21:30:49

Thank you all for your replies. I didn’t think anyone had replied :-)

Since posting my Yr1 child has been offered a place at the Queens and she is being assessed at the Grange tomorrow.

I have met both heads and liked them both but do prefer the Queens. Feels like such a nice school. The Grange is great too though and is so close to home plus we do know some pupils there already.

It’s such a hard decision. If we were to choose the Queens I think we would have to move house just to be a bit closer. I’m not sure I’m ok with 60 miles a day but feel selfish for saying that.

We just want to make the right decision.
It’s been interesting reading all your replies so thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now