Talk

Advanced search

Good areas for secondary and primaries

(34 Posts)
Cinnamonlily06 Fri 03-Nov-17 20:20:55

Hello we were going for selly oak/ kings Heath but open to other opinions .
I need an outstanding primary and likewise for secondary
I m self employed and work one day in London so location is not a problem , currently I live in north London in a villagy feeling part with lots of local shops and activities so looking for something similar .
Many thanks!

KingsHeathen Sun 05-Nov-17 08:45:42

Though, despite being too Catholic for my DC, the BC children are lovely when out and about.

Caulk Sun 05-Nov-17 08:48:57

When is the new secondary opening? I may put my non existent children down ready.

KingsHeathen Sun 05-Nov-17 08:50:31

A new secondary in KH? I haven't heard about that!

Caulk Sun 05-Nov-17 08:52:18

Ah, it’s Yardley Wood. I knew they were taking some ex Baverstock pupils so thought it was further over.

KingsHeathen Sun 05-Nov-17 09:39:02

Oh, is that the CE free school?

MsJolly Sun 05-Nov-17 17:14:59

Have you thought further out? Hagley?

Cinnamonlily06 Sun 05-Nov-17 17:49:33

@kingsheathen I ve sent you a pm .
I ve applied for secondaries and deferred entry for primaries .... still aiming for bourneville infant and northon girls .
Yes need to come up another day to see the schools again 😊

BackforGood Sun 05-Nov-17 20:52:33

"South Bromsgrove - largest provider of teens doing the DofE in the country!"

How funny, I was having this conversation with someone yesterday (her dd is at South Bromsgrove) and we were talking about what a bad thing this is, and how it undermines the whole point of DofE grin

noorab80 Mon 24-Sep-18 23:22:54

hello everyone, my son is year 5 now and i am preparing him for grammar school. any idea on which is the best one? as i will be moving to Birmingham if he got accepted. i checked the list , and there are many school so i am a bit confused which area will be the best to live for a family of 4 ( boy 9 and girl 8), currently we are renting in london as i work here, but self employed and can move.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »