Talk

Advanced search

Urgent accommodation for mum and son in Bracknell

(1 Post)
MrsMac76 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:34:25

Dear Mums I hope someone can help. Without going into detail I have a friend who due to a series of events has found herself on the verge of being homeless with a 15 year old son. My friend is a good person who has had terrible luck. She has worked in a professional job all her life but due to a string of circumstances finds herself in this terrible situation. She is claiming housing benefit and despite having 6 months rent in advance and a guarantor can't find a landlord willing to help. She has family out of the area but doesn't want to uproot her son due to his GCSE's. I am a civil servant but I am shocked that there seems to be such a lack of social housing for women in such circumstances. I had no idea how to help so thought I would post on this forum. If anyone knows of a landlord with a heart who has a 2 bed flat or house in or around Bracknell please respond to this post. As I say she has 6 months rent in advance and a guarantor. She has lived in her current accommodation for 14 years.

Thank you for reading

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: