Talk

Advanced search

Loads of furniture needs to go

(7 Posts)
PrincessSymbian Thu 19-Oct-17 15:40:21

Based in St Leonards. If you need furniture or know someone who does or know an inexpensive way of getting rid, please say Hi!!
Thanks be to you smile

PrincessSymbian Sat 21-Oct-17 19:30:31

I really don't know how I am going to get rid of it all. No one is offering me help. This is making me fall apart. I struggle with change. I am not cut out to dealwith this world.i never was, Just stumble from one crisis to the next.

Sensitivesole Sat 21-Oct-17 20:12:34

Have you tried charity shops like st Francis hospital or Lighthouse for low income families they both collect free or even house clearance guys they will pay YOU and remove it (advertised local paper ).

Sensitivesole Sat 21-Oct-17 20:13:41

St Francis Hospice I meant . British Heart foundation too

PrincessSymbian Sat 21-Oct-17 20:54:04

A work colleague was trying to get rid of some furniture recently and tried to do it through the British Heart Foundation, they turned up and because it wasn't in perfect condition, they wouldn't take it.
I have looked in the local paper and I have phoned a person who might do it for free but Becuase of my new job starting he won't be able to come until next weekend and I am panicking about how last minute that is.
Also I have a bunch of stuff that needs to go to the dump. I am going to grab a taxi there tomorrow with as much as I can carry on my own. Due to the Fybromyalgia that isn't very much.
And I haven't even started thinking about how I am going to get the stuff I am keeping from here to a new place and I also don't have a new place to move into yet.
Very quite stressed.
Thank you for the suggestions.

PrincessSymbian Sat 21-Oct-17 20:59:34

Also worrying about how you know that tge stuff they take is going to be dealt with responsibly. I am pretty sure that you can't use the tip for household waste that isn't your own, I think you are meant to have a licence and I am not sure if I should be asking to see it?

Rattysparklebum Sun 22-Oct-17 06:49:40

Maybe try Hastings Furniture Sevice or Emmaus I think they take older items than BHF or use freecycle

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: