Talk

Advanced search

Wantage

(3 Posts)
Libbymumof2 Sun 15-Oct-17 17:33:02

Hello,

I have recently moved to the UK (from Australia) and am looking to move to Wantage. I have two boys (3&1) and like the idea of the town but it is difficult to get a real feel for it by visiting. Anyone who lives there with children is it a “good” area? It seems to have good local amenities and parks etc but the demographic seems quite mixed....

any help much appreciated

SenoritaViva Mon 16-Oct-17 18:57:31

Wantage is quite pleasant. I'm not sure how good the local schools are (I say this as I am not sure either way). It is definitely has some good parks with a mixed demographic so you're assessment is pretty spot on!

ClimbingPenguin Mon 23-Oct-17 08:45:52

Schools are good, parks are good but demographic is certainly not well mixed. A lot is people have family here so it can take a while to penetrate groups, however not being a transient town, people are friendly once you’ve connected.

In hindsight I wish I’d lived in Didcot or somewhere closer to a train station, but the schools aren’t as good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now