Talk

Advanced search

Relocation to Looe area

(3 Posts)
Trixy25515 Sat 14-Oct-17 19:23:33

Hello, I hoping someone can help... we are seriously considering relocating to Looe. My husband and I have two children aged 7 - 10. Our only concern is how easy is it to get involved with community life? meet new people? and is there groups etc the children can join? any info would be a help!

allotmentgirl82 Wed 25-Oct-17 18:20:01

Hello
I live near to Looe in Liskeard.
Looe is a nice place to live with plenty for children to join in with in the Summer months. In Winter things tend to die down a bit, although there are activities/clubs on at the Millpool Centre in the main car park.
Looe is a place where you definitely need to own a car. The public transport is shocking- never on time and finishes at an early hour. There is a train to Liskeard, and you can then connect to mainline trains.
I've found the people in Looe to be friendly and helpful.
During the Summer months it is very busy with tourists, although we usually go to Millendreath or Talland beaches which a further along the coast and not well known.

DeadDoorpost Thu 26-Oct-17 00:37:16

You'll get to know a lot of the people in Looe as your children are school age and we found as we grew up in Looe that everyone knows everyone pretty quickly. I loved the Primary School while I was there but not sure how much it's changed since I moved up to secondary school back in 2005 (flipping heck I feel old now...)
I agree with above: Looe gets busy during the summer so visiting other lesser known beaches is a good idea. And a car is absolutely useful. Honestly. Especially in the summer with tourists as public transport gets delayed quite a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now