Talk

Advanced search

Does anybody know a back way into Mount Stewart?

(8 Posts)
sneakysailor Fri 13-Oct-17 16:27:32

Sorry if this sounds a bit cheeky.

I just spent approx £20 on tickets to the Mount Stewart Conversations (a series of talks held outside in the garden), only to read the small print and find out we now have to pay another £20 for entry as well! For goodness sake, I'm on a limited income and it turns out the tickets are non-refundable anyway.

Soooo does anybody know some quiet back road where you can quietly hop over a fence and get into the garden that way?? Praying someone sees this...

FilledSoda Fri 13-Oct-17 18:54:31

You're sure the £20 isn't admittance to the house?
It just seems really unfair, I'd be really annoyed.
I don't know any back ways but I'd turn up anyway and argue the point to be honest

moreCyclingMoreCake Fri 13-Oct-17 21:30:01

That doesn't sound right. Have you rang up to check? Even if you did have to pay admittance, it's around £8ish for adults, not £20.

sneakysailor Fri 13-Oct-17 23:58:09

9.50 each for 2 adults so £19. That might include the house but I'm not 100% sure, I think it's just the gardens.

sneakysailor Fri 13-Oct-17 23:59:56

It was in some terms and conditions that literally noone ever reads, I was only looking as I had booked 2 events at the same time and wanted a refund if possible.

moreCyclingMoreCake Sat 14-Oct-17 09:18:41

Oh, I thought it was 1 ticket, sorry. They put gift aid onto the tickets, so you can ask to pay the cheaper price, it knocks about £1-2 off I think.

You could try selling them?

ParanoidBeryl Sat 14-Oct-17 20:13:34

Do you know anyone with a membership card they would be willing to lend you?

sneakysailor Sun 15-Oct-17 00:26:34

Thanks everyone, turned out ticket holders went in a separate entry and we didn't have to pay after all.

It really is excellent, had a great day, it's still on tomorrow if anyone is thinking of heading down! Loads of free shows inside marquees so didn't get wet either smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: