Talk

Advanced search

Do any young people live in Taunton?

(3 Posts)
ShipShapeandBristolFashion Fri 06-Oct-17 11:35:49

Hi there
Having been shot down on here over my potential plans to move to Weston (!), my husband and I are looking at another option - Taunton. I'm sure I don't have to ask if it's nice down there - it looks like a pretty, fairly well-served market town with lovely housing stock. I just wondered though, if there are sociable activities to get involved in for people under the age of 40?! I've had a look at book clubs and various meet-ups and am a bit nervous about the amount of grey hair on show. I'm 33 - would I stand a chance of making any friends around my own age?!
Thanks smile

AnaXhika Fri 13-Oct-17 12:33:27

Well, we are planning to move there within next couple of months, so it makes it two of us now ;)

Firstworlddramas Fri 13-Oct-17 12:40:36

Taunton is very mixed, quite busy but I'd have to do some close research in regards location/schools etc. Richard huish college is very good though and there are lots of places you can access easily from Taunton, by train or car

It is quite spread out as well though, lots of younger families about and I'd definitely choose Taunton over Weston given the choice

in that region I'd personally choose

Bath,
Exeter,
Bristol,
Taunton

(From the bigger towns), value wise Taunton has mumblings of some good investment for many years. Some now confirmed lots more still in the pipeline so the right house would still have plenty of potential to appreciate in value

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now