Talk

Advanced search

Saturday -- unusual fun ideas for 11yo

(13 Posts)
JustALocal Wed 04-Oct-17 11:46:55

Hello!
I'm looking for something cool and fun in London to do with my 11 yo this Saturday. Something a bit different, that involves me too!
Any ideas?
Thanks!

LocalEditorLambeth Wed 04-Oct-17 22:06:43

Hi! I will have a dig around for you but first thing that springs to mind are the fun palaces.

There are few taking place across Lambeth this weekend including...

Brixton Library:
www.mumsnet.com/local/lambeth/event/brixton-library-fun-palace

Clapham Library:
www.mumsnet.com/local/lambeth/event/clapham-library-fun-palace

Omnibus Theatre, Clapham:
www.mumsnet.com/local/lambeth/event/omnibus-theatre-fun-palace

There are more but I haven't added them to the site yet! You can find all of them here: funpalaces.co.uk/

Will hopefully be back soon with some more ideas and hopefully other people can chip in too!

LocalEditorLambeth Wed 04-Oct-17 22:23:02

I've also just found this listing - if dancing is your thing!
www.mumsnet.com/local/lambeth/event/family-scottish-dancing_5

CarveHerNameWithPride Thu 05-Oct-17 09:01:26

I’m vaguely thinking about this which looks interesting.
www.list.co.uk/event/20975002-macbeth-re-wired-sky-blue-theatre/

JustALocal Thu 05-Oct-17 17:52:44

Fabulous, thank you both! I had no idea about the fun palace thing, so definitely going to keep that in mind for this weekend, and others! The macbeth looks awesome as well!

Thanks so much :-)

LocalEditorLambeth Thu 05-Oct-17 21:44:54

If you like theatre, it might also be worth looking at the Unicorn Theatre on Tooley Street near London Bridge. I have been with my daughter (now 5) so many times and it's always been fantastic but there are shows for all ages. Also a good option if the weather is a bit up and down!
www.unicorntheatre.com/whatson

LocalEditorLambeth Thu 05-Oct-17 21:47:13

Also just came across this:
www.ieee-ukandireland.org/members-open-day-2017/

Just scanned over it as my daughter is a bit young then thought it might be of interest for you!

LocalEditorLambeth Thu 05-Oct-17 21:50:25

And a couple more...

This sounds like brilliant fun if you like outdoorsy/nature stuff:
www.creeksidecentre.org.uk/events/celebration-15th-anniversary-creekside-discovery-centre/

And the Museum of London also has a festival of radical fun on Saturday, which looks like part of the Fun Palace weekend:
www.museumoflondon.org.uk/museum-london/whats-on/festival-radical-fun?id=132608

So many exciting things to do - let us know what you end up doing!

JustALocal Tue 10-Oct-17 08:18:48

Thanks again one and all for your suggestions -- some really nice things, and some new websites to keep an eye on, come rain or shine!

In the had a lovely weekend of woods, tennis, fun palace, and a new born baby!

JustALocal Tue 10-Oct-17 08:19:09

(not our new born baby, I hasten to add!)

Raahh Tue 10-Oct-17 16:06:15

The lawyer was one of the Maguires in Shameless, Blame. Think she's been in one or two other things, but I definitely remember her from that.

Raahh Tue 10-Oct-17 16:07:33

Wrong thread, sorry!; grin

LocalEditorLambeth Tue 10-Oct-17 18:32:31

Ha ha I was really confused then for a second Raahh! (Doesn't take much to confuse me...)

Sounds like a lovely weekend JustALocal - sometimes I need a bit of inspiration and sometimes there's just so much going on I can't decide.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now