Talk

Advanced search

Moving does my x need to know where too

(4 Posts)
Emmafordy69 Tue 03-Oct-17 22:05:19

Hi all...im having a nightmare and could do with advice. Me and my kids are moving house...i split up with my x 6 years ago and he still thinks he can control me ...anyway were been moved on prioty and have got a lovely house...me and my x can't talk to each other without arguing at all...weve been to court and there is a court order in place for him to have our son every other weekend ...ive text him today and told him were moving house on the 20th of this month...he is now demanding my new address°° does he need to know...our contact is done through him picking and dropping off our boy at school he has no need what so ever to come to my address...in the past he has arrived and kicked off screaming at me on the door step...to my neighbours gossiping pleasures...i don't want this at my new address in a new area where me and the kids are going away for a fresh start...so my answer does he need to know my full address or can I just say the area??

MrsWhatToDo Fri 06-Oct-17 02:16:25

I can't believe no one has answered you...
Are you kids old enough that they could tell/show him anyway? You might just be giving a reason to kick off by trying to hide it.
Crap situation with a x that will behave like that flowers

Agustarella Fri 06-Oct-17 03:05:04

Does the court order specify anything about this? (Probably a stupid question as you will have thought of this already.) Does the ex have parental responsibility? If not I don't think he's owed anything. Excuse my ignorance, I hope someone here will have the legal expertise to advise you. I'm in a similar position, but less serious insofar as the DS whose father has parental responsibility is nearly 17, so he won't be a minor for long and parental responsibility won't be an issue.

As far as whether the ex has a moral right to know where you live (not sure if this question was implied in your post) of course he doesn't! He's getting contact, the rest of your life is not his business. Good luck with your lovely new house, I hope things work out for you.

PurplePenguins Sun 15-Oct-17 18:47:38

Legally i don't think he has any right to know your address. My x knows where I live as he lived there too and the court order states I must know the addresses of where he takes our son, his, his dad's, his sister's etc. Worth going to CAB to find out tho x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now