Talk

Advanced search

Anyone from Purley area - Woodcote valley road?

(6 Posts)
Jas8085 Tue 03-Oct-17 13:01:30

My colleague's parents are downsizing. We are looking to move to a bigger house. (We are in Bromley at the moment). We never considered Croydon because of the reputation, but with a bit of research, I figured out that South Croydon, Sandersted and Purley are nice. This particular property is in Purley- Woodcote valley road. My colleague is happy to take me there to view and chat. If we say no, they will put the property on the market. I want to be sure of the area before I go.
Is Woodcote valley road a nice area? Is it very busy/noisy?

Jas8085 Tue 03-Oct-17 17:43:21

anyone?
sad

dontcallmelen Tue 03-Oct-17 18:37:31

Hi don’t know the area well, but believe that is a nicer part of croydon.
For more info I would post on the property thread, it’s much busier than local threads.

Liiinoo Wed 04-Oct-17 18:20:07

It's a lovely road with beautiful houses. It is also a very long road so how busy it is depends where you are on it. The end nearest Purley has a school and a nursery and can get congested in the mornings and evenings. The further you move from Purley the quieter it gets. It's length also means that you are quite a distance from amenities and public transport which can be a nuisance with older children who want some independence. It is also a long way from any green spaces if that is important to you.

Definitely go and have a look if being dependent on a car is not a problem for you. it is a lovely road with large, attractive houses set in very nice gardens. I am sure they eat lots of naice ham round there.

Suzysuz Wed 04-Oct-17 21:03:03

Agree - it's a lovely road nice big houses! All nice houses, no large scale conversion of house plots to flats yet (as seems to be happening with some roads) just at the very end of the road there are a couple of nice looking flats.

Only to also point out, the road has speed bumps, and a bus routes through but not very often, is only single decker and not that frequent.

With your search, I'd personally rule out South Croydon but outer parts of Purley, Sanderstead are nice - or if you're looking further out I personally like Banstead and Merstham.

TakeAnadin Sat 07-Oct-17 19:37:49

Sanderstead is the nicest.The rest are very busy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: