Talk

Advanced search

What is the parking like at Stoke Mandeville Hospital?

(4 Posts)
ChalfontsNaice Wed 27-Sep-17 19:45:27

I've got an outpatients appointment at Stoke Mandeville tomorrow.

Google tells me it will take me 45 mins to get there by public transport, arriving 15 mins early (good thing) or 25 mins by car.

They give warnings about leaving plenty of time for parking.

Do you know how bad the parking gets? Am I likely to spend ages getting stressed trying to find a parking space, which ends up being miles away costing £££.

Pomegranatepompom Wed 27-Sep-17 19:50:43

It is busy, but there are a lot of spaces. I think it's around £3 for 2 hours. There's also an Asda car park right next to the hospital, you also have to pay there.

INeedNewShoes Wed 27-Sep-17 20:15:45

The only time I've had an issue is arriving between around 2.45 and 5pm as visiting hours start at 3 and parking around that time can be an absolute nightmare.

There are two types of car park, some pay and display and some where you take a ticket as you enter and pay at a machine at the doorway to the hospital. All car parks are within 2 minutes walk of the main building.

BubblesBuddy Wed 27-Sep-17 22:21:52

It can be difficult to find a parking space at peak times. Usually someone comes out though. You need to check where your appointment location is because it's a bit like a rabbit warren and can be confusing!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: