Talk

Advanced search

Totnes and the surrounding area - child friendly?

(3 Posts)
user1493288104 Sun 24-Sep-17 13:59:15

Hi there
My first post in this section and I will try to be short. DH and I and our 2year old are looking to move to Devon and we like the look and feel of Totnes. Having only been there once (I know...!) I'm looking for opinions on all things child related in the area - facilites, schools, things to do, growing up there..? Living there as a family? Are there any other areas that would be good to look at? In short, we'd like to be as close as possible to the sea, in an outdoorsy artsy type place,that we could still commute to potentially exeter or plymouth for work, good schools, open atmosphere, friendy locals. I guess these are not going to come all at once and together but just looking for any thoughts on this,any reply would be much much appreciated. Xx

ARMOk Mon 09-Oct-17 21:43:51

Hi... we moved down to Devon from the south east nearly 3 years ago; we had 1 dc, and have since had a second.
We are about 10 miles from totnes. It's a lovely area and certainly lots to do with children. Sorry I can't be more helpful with the details of schools etc, but general lifestyle is good, especially if you like the outdoors. Hope you get more info!! Ashburton may also be worth a look. It has a bohemian vibe and a really nice feel. Lots of lovely places around! Good luck smile

user1493288104 Fri 13-Oct-17 13:08:15

Thank you so much for your reply ARMOk, yes we do love the outdoors and my dh is into water sports too. I really hope we can make the move work, sounds like a lovely place to be ❤️

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now