Talk

Advanced search

Win a family ticket to Dinosaurs of China for October Half Term

(18 Posts)
LocalEditorNottingham Thu 21-Sep-17 21:49:04

We are delighted to have a family ticket to this year’s world exclusive Dinosaurs of China Exhibition at Wollaton Hall, for use between 21st and 29th October (the exhibition's final day), to offer as a prize.

* Family tickets are for two adults and two children aged 5+ (under-5s go free) and do not include parking charges. Date and time of use is open but subject to availability.

'Dinosaurs of China is a one-time only world exclusive exhibition of dinosaurs coming to Europe for the first time.

Wollaton Hall will host the main exhibition, with a complementary exhibition at Lakeside Arts.

Featuring fossils and specimens never before seen outside of Asia, Dinosaurs of China will bring to life the story of how dinosaurs evolved into the birds that live alongside us today.

New fossil discoveries in China over recent years have revolutionised our understanding of dinosaurs’ appearance, behaviour and evolution. We’ve hand-picked some of the most spectacular new fossils from China for this world exclusive exhibition, bringing them to Europe for the first time.

This exhibition will present some of the best preserved dinosaur fossils from anywhere in the world: not just the bones, but also soft parts including skin and feathers.

Many of the species on display are new to science, only discovered and named in the last 20 years, some as recently as 2015.'

Find out more and book tickets at Dinosaurs of China

To enter, please post in the thread below, by midnight on Sunday 8th October, your answer to this question:

What might dinosaurs dress as for Hallowe'en?

The winner will be drawn on Monday 9th October and contacted by Mumsnet PM (please remember to check your inbox) and must respond by noon on Thursday 12th October to claim their prize.

Silenenutans Sat 23-Sep-17 22:09:43

Maybe in pyjamas? They've been asleep for a while, after all.

fraggle84 Sun 24-Sep-17 18:22:09

Definitely glow in the dark skeleton onesies so they can sneak into the exhibit 🤣

Ds says Asda sell them!!

JenniferAnistonsHair Sun 24-Sep-17 20:44:48

I think a dinosaur would look fab with a huge witches hat & hobnail boots!! 😂

Has to be a dinosaur skeleton suit!

fleshmarketclose Sun 24-Sep-17 21:47:29

I think a dinosaur would look great with a sheet thrown over them to be a ghost. Just imagine how scary an enormous ghost would be shock

Christmastree43 Mon 25-Sep-17 13:19:01

Barney grin well scary!!

desperatelyseekingcaffeine Mon 25-Sep-17 19:25:08

Terrordactyls!

SweetPeaPods Mon 25-Sep-17 20:44:49

Ahh DS suggested a white sheet ghost too
However I think they would be scary enough in their Birthday suit

mitalmanda Wed 27-Sep-17 16:16:15

A spooky witch .....the Dinosorcerer

Starlight2345 Fri 29-Sep-17 09:56:38

Paint its bones with Glow in the dark paint.. Perfect for trick and treating.

Zeezeebo Fri 29-Sep-17 13:38:19

I think they may dress up as scary-skeleosaurus

georgedawes Sun 01-Oct-17 14:10:25

I think a Zombie-saurus smile

leanneth Sun 01-Oct-17 15:36:20

Anything they like- I'd still let them have the sweets!! 🎎👍

MiaowTheCat Sun 01-Oct-17 16:09:20

I don't think they'd dress up - are you going to deny a T-Rex knocking on your door at night a packet of Haribo really?!

KnottedAnchorChief Sun 01-Oct-17 21:26:50

A Tri-Scary-Tops?

Birdhouseinmysoul Sat 07-Oct-17 10:14:50

For some reason I think they'd look menacing in evening dress, plus smoking jackets. Urbane dinosaurs.

(Do they trick or treat, or host Halloween house parties with apple bobbing?)

LocalEditorNottingham Tue 10-Oct-17 21:03:56

Congratulations to our winner KnottedAnchorChief, commiserations and thanks for such great entries everyone else grin flowers

We haven't heard anything about a post-exhibition Hallowe'en knees-up at Wollaton Hall but here's hoping no dinosaurs appear on the 31st!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now