Talk

Advanced search

Eyebrow threading

(10 Posts)
MalvaMoschata Wed 20-Sep-17 16:06:51

Can anyone recommend an eyebrow threader in Cambridge? I used to go to the amazing Miss Elegant, but she seems to have stopped doing it.There are some scary reviews online for the place in the Grafton! I'm not looking for any tinting or anything, just someone who is good at threading to tidy up what nature has provided!

Allthebestnamesareused Thu 21-Sep-17 09:02:30

I used to go to Angel in the Grafton and one girl was really good. Unfortunately one day she wasn't there and the girl who did mine pretty much took a large chunk from the nose end of one of my eyebrows and it still hasn't grown back in properly a year later. Luckily I have found someone at Innaspa who with a combination of waxing/plucking and tinting etc makes it look pretty decent.

MalvaMoschata Thu 21-Sep-17 16:18:27

Thanks for the answer! That's exactly the kind of story I keep reading about Angel, unfortunately. I've now found out that Elegance on Abbey Road do threading, so might try that if I can't get a solid threading recommendation. Waxing makes me feel a bit nervous now I've grown to love threading!

marmee Thu 21-Sep-17 21:44:40

There's a threading bar/beauty salon at Nutters on Mill Road and Kelle is really good www.facebook.com/The-Threading-Bar-at-Nutters-221950724519965/
definitely better than the Grafton!

Allthebestnamesareused Fri 22-Sep-17 10:01:41

Yes I prefer threading too but it has put me off. My girl I use at Innaspa is about to go on maternity leave so now I am getting worried all over again!

MalvaMoschata Fri 22-Sep-17 10:03:15

Ooh thank you marmee! That's fantastic, I'll check it out.

BluebellGal Wed 11-Oct-17 23:43:20

The threading station in the Grand Arcade is very good. It is double the price of Grafton Center shop but I find them much better

MalvaMoschata Thu 12-Oct-17 22:14:09

Ah good tips thanks! I have always been put off by the prospect of it being quite public. But I guess I can cope if they are good.

Lookingtothehighlands Fri 13-Oct-17 17:20:59

I went to Angel a few times - the last time she removed a good third of my eyebrow - luckily the outer third, not from beside my nose. It looked terrible. I could see some of the other girls laughing. They are unprofessional and uncaring. Avoid!

MalvaMoschata Mon 16-Oct-17 09:58:55

Yikes that's awful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now