Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Durham area - help!

(2 Posts)
MdNdD Tue 19-Sep-17 14:13:56

Hello

The family is in the process of relocating to the Durham area for my husband's work. I have three kiddies (7, 5 annd 4 years). I'm not in the UK at the moment although we have lived in the UK previously - down south.

My question to any locals who can help is where?! I have spent maybe one day in Durham many years ago, so don't know the area at all, but am now faced with trying to decide where to live in order to get the kids into the best schools I can and work out where I should live for the next ?? years. And I'm doing this from the other side of the world!

The kids are now all school age, youngest will start reception when we move. I don't really fancy being anywhere particularly remote. But then I do like the idea of the countryside for my energetic boys to run around in. I am more of a city person, I like being able to walk places but hey, it's not about me!

My main concern is a good school. Unfortunately the villages / towns are all just names on a map to me right now - I have no idea about the area at all so any info wold be so welcomed!

Thanks smile

LocalEditorDurham&Newcastle Thu 05-Oct-17 13:41:25

We have a Durham area Local site @MdNdD. Hop over there and there may be some helpful locals who can answer questions for you. www.mumsnet.com/local/durham

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now