Talk

Advanced search

Southbourne Primary Schools

(5 Posts)
Msafhpw Wed 13-Sep-17 10:16:57

Like a lot of people, I am starting to look at Primary schools in the Southbourne area. Pokesdown Community School comes up as Outstanding, however that is from an Ofsted report from 2013. Does anyone have recent experience of the school? Also I believe Stourfield Infants is good, however I am not so sure on the Juniors school - if anyone can share their recent experiences, I'd be grateful. Thanks.

Msafhpw Wed 13-Sep-17 10:18:54

...Also am looking for a good nursery/preschool for 2 year old in Southbourne/Boscombe area if anyone has recommendations ? Thank you.

user1495451339 Fri 15-Sep-17 13:53:03

My children have had good experiences of both Stourfield Infant and Junior schools. Even though the school is 4 forms in each year it doesn't seem particularly big due to the school being split into infant and juniors so don't let the size put you off. I have found it an advantage in juniors that they start to mix the classes in each year as it gets children mixing with a wider range of children making progression to secondary much easier.

You pretty much can't go wrong on primary schools in Southbourne so I would just have a look and see which ones you prefer. I know other parents from local schools including Pokesdown, Avonbourne, St Catherines and St James who all like the schools and haven't seemed to experience any major issues.

Not sure about pre schools as I didn't live here back then.

user1495451339 Fri 15-Sep-17 13:53:40

Sorry Avonwood not Avonbourne!

Mum42DDs Mon 02-Oct-17 12:16:04

Hi Both my children went to St Saviours Pre-school. I was delighted with every aspect of their care and education there. It was a brilliant start to their school life. They learnt to enjoy learning and their positive attitude and enjoyment of school and learning has continued through Stourfield Infants and Juniors. Although I agree with the previous comment that all the primary schools listed above seem to be good.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »