Talk

Advanced search

Primary school advice

(4 Posts)
LadyShae Fri 08-Sep-17 17:37:03

Hello everyone!
Wonder if anyone could kindly offer some advice on primary schools in Aberdeen v's primary schools in Stonehaven? We are relocating to either the city centre or Stonehaven (depending on which house we go for). City schools are either Ferryhill, Broomhill or Ashley Rd, Stonehaven school choice is either Dunnotter or Arduthy? Thank you in advance. x

YerAWizardHarry Mon 09-Oct-17 22:20:32

I've done placements at both Broomhill and Ferryhill and they're both lovely. No experience of the other schools but Stonehaven is highly regarded as an area in guessing their schools are good.

Pinewood15 Wed 01-Nov-17 20:49:17

I’m not familiar with those, sorry. Have you considered Cults Primary? Looking ahead the secondary school is the best local authority school in the city (v. High ranked in Scotland) and being in catchment might be a consideration longer term.

Theonlyoneiknow Tue 05-Dec-17 13:08:57

I have friends with children at Ferryhill, Broomhill and Ashley Road. All good primary schools. Worth thinking about the Secondary School they feed into. I think Ashley Road feeds into Aberdeen Grammar School and the other 2 feed into Harlaw Academy.

Stonehaven wise I'm not too sure about either of those schools. The secondary school is Mackie Academy if you wanted to look that up. All primary schools feed into that.

Banchory is also worth considering as has a great academy too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now