Talk

Advanced search

Ashgrove School

(4 Posts)
mummyof2tots Tue 05-Sep-17 16:20:29

Hi, does anybody have any information or first hand experience of Ashgrove School, Bromley. After looking at the website it seems like an extremely small school. with only 11 leavers listed this year, which the website states is a complete list of everyone. I am looking for a small, nurturing school for DS but also one that can challenge him academically, but am not sure if this is too small. Are there any current/ex Ashgrove parents who can share their experiences? Also any recommendations for other Bromley prep schools? TIA x

chalkyc2 Sat 09-Sep-17 07:39:46

Sorry no direct experience (apart from one child from my ds' nursery went there) but yes it's tiny - it's in an old house and doesn't have its own fields etc. I think academically it's pretty rigorous though? The other nearby options for boys are Braeside, Bickley Park and Farringtons.

Surpriseeggsforbreakfast Sat 16-Sep-17 14:40:06

We did attend an assessment day there, it is very academically focussed school with an emphasis on getting children into local grammar school. I have friends with children there who have been satisfied with it but due to the size of the school they don't do competitive sport at all and very limited extracurricular opportunities. My son was offered a place but we took one elsewhere and are happy with our decision. PM If you'd like to discuss further.

LadyLapsang Mon 25-Sep-17 21:57:22

I know someone who sent her daughter there. She needed a nurturing environment. She was happy and thrived and went on to Bromley High School for Girls.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: