Talk

Advanced search

Salisbury pubs with children's play areas

(9 Posts)
THILLSON78 Sat 02-Sep-17 19:15:18

Please can anyone recommend a good pub in or around Salisbury (preferably south) that does good food and has an outdoor play area for children (play equipment, i.e. Climbing frame, swings, etc.)?

Elk Sun 03-Sep-17 08:42:21

The Whearsheaf in Lower Woodford has a decent play area outside and the food was good last time I was there.

THILLSON78 Sun 03-Sep-17 08:54:09

Thanks for this. I saw this pub but just seemed to be a garden, no play equipment?

Elk Sun 03-Sep-17 14:36:20

Oh, last time I was there it had play part behind the hedge of the beer garden, but they may have got rid of it.

THILLSON78 Sun 03-Sep-17 15:02:49

Sadly not, phoned and asked them this morning... Thank you so much for the recommendation though, looks like a lovely place to go when the kids get a bit older xxx

JuneBalloon Sat 23-Sep-17 08:37:56

The Fox and Goose in Coombe Bisset used to have a nice wooden play structure type thing in their beer garden - but it has been a few years since we were there... The Penruddock (just outside Dinton) has a metal play area but that’s a good 10 miles from Salisbury which might make it be too far?

Ojoj1974 Sat 23-Sep-17 11:21:10

Mill House just outside Romsey has a huge play area.

Ojoj1974 Sat 23-Sep-17 11:25:01

Malt house not mill house

THILLSON78 Sat 23-Sep-17 12:03:57

Thanks everyone! The Fox and Goose used to be one of our favourite haunts for it's wooden play apparatus, but when we went a few weeks ago it had been cleared away and the space cordoned off sad. Hopefully will be reinstated in future! Good pub that. Malt House looks good though, will try that out. Many thanks everyone! Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now