Talk

Advanced search

Relocating from the USA

(5 Posts)
OwensMummybob Sun 27-Aug-17 20:46:40

Hiya. My husband and I are moving back with our 18 month old after living in the US for 5 years. My husband will be working in Culham and we're thinking of living around Banbury because it seems a little more affordable. My husband's employer is allowing him to work on the train making the commute a bit easier. I was hoping for suggestions about where might be a good place for us to settle. I'm a stay at home mum. Where we are currently we have quite a busy life going to different playgroups, music, libraries, and I'd love to keep that up because my son is very social and loves being with other kids. Madison, where we currently live, is a pretty liberal, laid back place and would love the same sort of vibe. Thank you in advance for any tips and advice!!

windygallows Wed 06-Sep-17 23:03:01

Just seen this so not sure if you've already made the move but if your husband is working in Culham you should really live down that way rather than Banbury - it's a big commute travelling from Banbury past Oxford and into Culham. There are gorgeous villages that way - Sutton Courtney for instance, right by Culham - and Abingdon is also nice as is Thame. You'll be closer to London this way, close to Didcot trains into London and I think there's more to offer kids this side of Oxford as you can travel to Henley, High Wycombe etc. Hope it works out for you!

ChasedByBees Fri 15-Sep-17 21:47:10

Didcot is quite affordable and very easy for traveling to Culham. There's many new houses and a lot of development - it could suit you. Abingdon is also lovely.

MaisyMary77 Sat 16-Sep-17 18:26:53

Didcot is close by and affordable. Useful as it has a mainline station. There are also lots of new housing developments in Drayton, Steventon and Abingdon.

OwensMummybob Fri 22-Sep-17 02:46:20

Thank you for the replies. Sadly as far as I can see on right move and primelocation, houses nearer culham are too expensive for us. We'd need a 3 bed home for under £220,000.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now